Homemade recipe: organic applesauce, without added sugar
Today I share to you my homemade compote recipe, natural without added sugar! Because I have the power to say NO to industrials. I like to know that what I eat is healthy.
Difficulty: Fingers in the nose - Preparation: 15 minutes - Cooking: 15 minutes - Cost: "so-cheap-because-less-is-more!"
Ingredients: around 10 large apples (preferably organic) for 2 jars of 650ml
- Wash the apples
- Peel them if you like (at home we do not worry because the apples we buy are certified without pesticides, so we eat everything!)
- Cut them into 4 and remove the core
- Put the cubes in a large saucepan, with a little water so that it does not caramelize at the bottom
- Cook over medium heat with a lid (for 15% time & energy saving!) until the fruits are soft enought (about 15 to 30 minutes depending on the quantity)
- Stop the fire and crush the compote with a fork (to accompany a hot dish for example) or pass the whole mixture in a blender for a texture without lumps
- Fill the jars when it still hot, close and let them cool upside down for sterilization (can be stored for up to 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator, to be consumed within a week after opening).
This base can be renewed according to the seasons and your creativity: vary the tastes and the colors (apple-pear, apple-quince, apple-peach, apple-apricot, apple-banana ...).